Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I know many of you mamas have been through this but we're trying a dairy elim. diet for DS and it's hard when I'm not seeing results. My plan was to try for a couple weeks, we're just getting started...how long should we try and if we don't see results assume he's not allergic?

·
Registered
174 Posts
i went through this when ds was much younger (ebf'ing) so i did the dairy elimination and was told 4-6 weeks. I know it takes awhile to clear the system-- I'd guess aroudn a month would be a reasonable trial.
good luck

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
good luck, mama! it's hard, but so worth it. Either a) babe gets better or b) you can eat dairy with no looking back and feeling guilty! it just takes a while. think of it as an excuse to try lots of fun new foods. my faves: coconut sorbet, coconut oil (instead of butter) and yes... red silk soymilk! it grew on me so much i'm never going back! you can also visit nomilk.com (?) to read up on why dairy is bad for you and the environment. that should be motivating.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.