Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have realized that i finally have built my stash back up to the perfect number of fitteds - 2.5 dozen - and prefolds, about 16. I had sold/given/put away a lot that didn't fit or i wasn't using anymore, and had gotten pretty thin and wasn't happy about the fact that my diapers were not getting rotated in usage like i wanted.

Anyway: what has really been helping me not to want to buy more is to get everything folded and stacked neatly almost as soon as it comes out, no later than the next day. That way, i can revel in their beauty and order, and i have a really good perspective on just how many i've got! This makes me feel so good about what i have, and while buying urges have certainly not ceased, they are much much better

hope this helps some one!

·
Registered
946 Posts
I do that. I love folding and putting away diapers. Snapping all the snaps, velcro'ing all the velcro. Then I put them in neat rows in his drawers and marvel at the beauty of that drawer. I'm sick.

·
Banned
1,824 Posts
That makes me want more. LOL. I am sensible though. I do not overspend as to where I do not have the money and need to charge it etc. I hope that no one goes into debt on a credit card in order to suffice their addiction! Yowzers!!!!!

Summie

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
I have fallen off the wagon every day since Friday!
: I think I need to find a better way to organize my diapers so once they're folded I can admire them all. Right now they're just stacked in baskets and I can only see what's on top.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I just bought one of those storage "drawers" from Target... the drawer is clear so every time I walk by it I can see the neat little stacks of yummy diapers. Sigh. The little things, huh?

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
I have been on the wagon since april, with not even one purchase, yay me. I was very very tempted on Friday but I resisted with a lil help from myy AIM and diaper chat mommas
(thank you again mommas)
Everything I have gotton since is trades. So I have those to look forward to.
Plus at this time I think I have actually sprouted roots.
<~~firmly rooted to the wagon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts