Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the first part of my marathon dr. day. I had my progesteron shot and then had am ultrasound to measur my cervix. This was spposed to be my last one. The first part was grat. My little girl was with us and we saw the baby. She loved it. Baby is almost two lbs (great esp because dd has always been so tiny) and my favorite tech was talking about baby staying in until later than we've been hoping. Then dh took dd and tech masured my crvix and it looks a little shorter. She was also worried I was dialating. Sh got th dr. and the dr. thinks I'm not dialating but once to keep measuring my cervix until 32 weeks. She also is calling my dr to talk about my taking steroids for baby's lungs.
I see my dr this afternoon and I'll know more. Please send prayers or good vibes.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, guys. The afternoon felt better. My own dr thinks that things are holding. I'm getting the shots tomorrow and Thursday. I have to go to the hospital to get them but don't have to stay overnight.
I'm feeling better but exhausted. My first appt was at nine and my last ended after five! Eeek.
I'm feeling pretty hopeful, though.

·
Registered
709 Posts
it's actually really great that you're getting the steroids - they help soooo much in maturing the babe's lungs in a worst-case scenario. i love that they are taking extra-cautious preventative measures! sounds like you are in great hands!

the good news is that the dr thinks your cervix is OK (@ 26wks i think you're doing great if it stays around 2), and that you're only 2 weeks from "true" survivability. 28 weeks is the magic milestone... and if you're not contracting and they're monitoring you well, i bet you'll go beyond that!

sending tons of long, sexy cervix vibes your way!

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the sexy cervix vibes!!!

There were a tense five minutes when I was measuring under 2 but I LOVE my tech.
They aren't monitoring me yet. I'll ask about that. And I don't get my favorite dr. next time. Other than that, I feel like I can do this. You're right dividedsky, only ten days until the baby has 90% chance of survival. We've come such a long way.
I get my shots at the hospital this afternoon. My little girl is at her dance recital with her Papa. He's taping it and we'll watch it once we're home. It should be a good day.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Good news, even if it was a bit stressful for a bit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.