Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for an ADULT-type bubble bath that isn't too perfumy which is proving to be impossible. I'd love something more natural with EOs. I really like the bubbles and most bath stuff I find that's natural is just a soak but no bubbles.
The closest I've come is California Baby stuff since it has nice smells but thought I'd ask if anyone knows of anything else?
Or I'd love a recipe too if you make it!
Thanks
Ann

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
I lvoe the bubble bars from LUSH;

http://usa.lush.com/cgi-bin/lushdb/c...nd=00003:upd=y

You just break off a bit of the bar and crumble it into the water. There are a lot of natural ingredients in them, including EO's. All the ingredients are written on the website. They make serious bubbles, so be careful if you buy some! You only need a little bit of bar. I make one bar last about 6 or 7 baths.

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
I really like the California Baby "calm" scent.
They use EO's of Lavender and Clary Sage (clary is noted as an aphrodisiac sp? for adults
)
It is marketed for children, but as an adult, I just love it!

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
Most anything you get that has lasting bubbles in the tub is going to have a surfactant of some sort - most likely SLSA or SLS - including the lush bars. If you just want the scent, you can get either a tub truffle or a bath bomb - both of these are generally just citric acid, sodium bicarb (baking soda) an oil or butter and a fragrance. They will fizz but won't give you lasting bubbles.

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
My favorite bath products are from a company called EO. They don't have any SLS, but they do have "less than 1% parabens", which I am OK with. (I'm gradually trying to stay away from those, but since I don't take bubble baths every day I think it's OK that my favorite bubble bath has less than 1%).

http://www.eoproducts.com/

(PS I love the rose chamomile. I want to try the others, especially the cederwood, but I haven't... I go through bubble bath very slowly, and I don't buy any new ones til I am close to running out of something!)

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the EO link-I ordered some to try in addition to my CA baby

Thanks
Ann

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like to know when people are happy with the recommendations from here so thought I'd let you know what I tried.
I ordered bubble bath and hair products from http://www.eoproducts.com/ and I LOVE them! The ylang and cedarwood bath stuff is my favorite-light scent but calming and LOTS of bubbles. The citrus hair conditioner is awesome too. I also got the rose/chamomile bubble bath and it's nice too-i just like the other better.
Fast svc too-had them in about 3-4 days.
Just wanted to share-thanks!
Ann

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.