Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you had a Postpartum Wellness Center locally, would you go? One that targeted mom within the first year of motherhood<br><br>
Of these services, which would you use/recommend to others?<br><br>
-depression counselling<br><br>
-alternative health resources for PPD (postpartum depression); namely an herbalist, chinese medicine, acupuncture, but others as well<br><br>
-support groups<br><br>
-chiropractic care for mom and baby<br><br>
-EFT sessions (emotional freedom technique) to deal with birth trauma, ppd, other emotional issues<br><br>
-life coaching to discuss/achieve parenting/life goals/find your life passion<br><br><br>
Are there other things you'd like to see there that would be beneficial?<br><br>
I really wish there was somewhere like this. When I was struggling with PPD after my 2nd, I wanted to go to Julia Ross' (The Mood Cure) clinic but found they not so bf'ing friendly, wanted me to wean if I enrolled in their clinic.<br><br>
What do you think??<br><br>
X-posting in the PPD forum

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
If such a place exsisted in my area and I could afford the services (because you know insurance wold pay for much of that!) I would totally go.<br><br>
I already get several of the alternative services you've listed, but having eveything at one place would be great!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Yes!<br><br>
Infant playgroups<br>
Breastfeeding support groups<br>
Babywearing classes<br>
Elimination Communication classes<br>
Infant nutrition/cooking for babies classes<br><br>
That's all I can think of for now. All of those would have been/were helpful for me.

·
Premium Member
42,757 Posts
I would go if I could afford the services. I would NOT go to someone that was not BF friendly.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Yes! I wish we had something like that here. I really could have used that support. I was too afraid to go to counseling/get on medication, but if I had somewhere just to hang out and take baby those first few months, that would have made a world of difference. Also offering things in the evening & weekends so that moms who work outside the home can go. It seems like everything is geared towards SAHMs in my community and it's isolating. Oh, and another benefit would be if it's not associated with a hospital/birthing center where moms may have had bad experiences.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts