Mothering Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok this is really embarrassing, and I've contemplated posting this all day. But I need to know what is going on, and if anyone else has experienced this. I on't even think that it's pregnacy related because it's happened about four times total, all in the past year, and this last time has been the only time I've been pregnant. BUT I am more comfortable talking about it here on our DDC because I am more familiar with you mamas than on the other forums.<br><br>
What happens is I wake up in the morning and my hoo hoo is absolutely throbbing with pain internally, and feels EXACTLY like I've just given birth or had some major, major sex with a VERY endowed man. -Significant- dull pain internally all over. It's not in my bones, it is in my actual "parts"....I am at a total loss why this happens. It hurts so badly I can't sleep anymore and eventually wears off mid-morning. FTR, no sex since we conceived (in January!), so it's certainly not that.<br><br>
Please can someone help. It is so miserable for a couple of hours and really freaks me out. Like I said, it's happened about 4 times in the past year.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Gosh, I don't know. I am so sorry you are dealing with this though - it sounds horrible.<br><br>
I get kind of a throbbing pain in my outer vaginal lips - like toward the base, but external only, at times. I have over time been able to trace it to my low back hurting or me overdoing it and putting too much pressure on my low back. It also often happens during ovulation or when af is coming, which makes sense, as that would put pressure on my low back too. So, all I can think is that maybe there is something going on with another body part that is putting pressure there?<br><br>
I would def. ask your ob/midwife about it, and if you have a good chiropractor you feel comfortable talking to, that might not hurt either. I hope you can get it resolved - that can't be fun!

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Variscosities? Increased blood flow to the area causing a lot of pressure?<br><br>
See/feel anything bulgy down there?

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
You poor thing.<br><br>
I'm wondering if it's nerve related... along the lines of Dena talking about how it happens when she strains her lower back? Nerve compression can definitely affect blood flow.<br><br>
Do you have a good chiropractor you trust? Just an idea. I've had lots of negative experiences with chiros, but now that I've found a good one (his wife is a midwife too!), he's worked with all sorts of my weird ailments.<br><br>
Whatever you do, I hope it gets better. ((hugs))

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
I get an internal pain sometimes that feels kind of like I had some rough sex but not extremely bad like I just had a baby.<br>
If it wasn't for my daughter wanting to pay attention to every single thing I do, I would lay down with a warm washcloth over it.<br>
I don't know why, but it usually goes away.<br>
It doesn't seem to be swollen or anything, hope that there is a reason for it that isn't alarming, I wasn't too worried but you never know.

·
Registered
6,777 Posts
I *think* I get something similar -- sometimes it's pain, sometimes it's achiness or heaviness. I have varicose veins in my vulva; they tend to get worse during pregnancy and just before/during menstruation. Anything that would increase blood flow to the area would do it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts