Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering using DA on my diapers, as some of them are a bit stiff and scratchy. How do I go about doing this? How much do I add? Does the water need to be a certain temperature (my washer only does cold rinses)? Would I put it in the first or second rinse?

Has anyone had a bad experience w/ DA and wouldn't recommend it?

TIA, mamas!

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
As to DA, I LOVE the way it makes the dipes feel, but I HATE the heavy fragrance, so I only use it once every few months. I use vinegar in my final rinse every wash, and it acts as a natural fabric softener (not as obvious an effect as DA, but it works) and it is also a deodorizer. Another recommendation for softening dipes is a sweater shaver - it's timeconsuming but SO worth it if they are pilly! I have de-pilled all my PFs and I am absolutely in heaven. I can't stop touching them!

If you still want to try DA, you use it in the final rinse (whatever temp that is, cold is fine). I use about half a capful for a load (or the maximum amount my dispenser will hold, as my machine releases it automatically). Hope that helps!

·
Registered
779 Posts
I LOVE DA!!!!

I prefer to use it in the first rinse, then do a final rinse. This way, the perfumes are pretty much rinsed out, and the diapers/clothing are still soft.

It makes everything so soft! I've also noticed that dh's work pants don't wrinkle near as much when I use it.

Thankfully, my eczema family is not allergic to it!

Teri

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.