Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just want to know how your labor started out! Just the days leading up to it I guess, I have been feeling super weird lately. I am sure it's my body preparing, but it's definitely a lot different than how I felt like 2 weeks ago.

I have been having random dull cramping in my lower abdomen. It comes in waves and isn't timeable, I feel like it's not a contraction cause my stomach isn't tensing up with the cramping, but it's noticeable. I do get it at night sometimes, and I notice that sometimes during the cramping when I am getting up to go pee my stomach is super hard and it feels funny and uncomfortable while I am walking to the bathroom.

Sitting on the toilet has started to feel good. I notice that I will sit on it for a few extra minutes after I pee. I don't know if I can describe this feeling, but I guess it's "period" like. I don't really know though, it feels like forever since I have had a period or any period symptoms. Up inside me feels weird, like I could have my period, but it eventually goes away. The sitting on the toilet thing relieves this feeling, and that's why I do it.

I just feel weird in my stomach. Sometimes a little nauseous, sometimes I can't decipher what the feeling is, I just feel different. The LO's movements are also getting different too. There's a lot more pressure way down low sometimes, and I just feel like he or she is trying to escape, or can fall out, or something.

I guess I just want to know if anyone felt this way or similar leading up to labor, and how long did you feel that way? I know it's going to happen to me at some point, hopefully sooner rather than later. I hate the anticipation! I am assuming I will feel this way for weeks though, even though it's already been several days. I don't think LO wants to leave.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
I've been getting this a LOT lately too. If I remember correctly with my last pregnancy I had this for weeks so I was convinced I was going to be early. This time I'm just assuming that I am going to feel like this for a few weeks and if he shows up earlier than that- sweet!

I like to think that it's my body slowly dilating so that once I go into active labor things don't take so long.

Whew... as I typed I got a big contraction, not cool since my husband is out of town until Sat and I'm not allowed to have a homebirth until Sunday and won't have a pool pool till the week following.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I am feeling this way right now also. It has been this way since Monday. Though it is going on, I still feel like I'm not going to actually have the baby for another 3 weeks because none of this seems productive.

I had some early labor symptoms for 2 days tops when dd was born. I was in labor for 48 hours though before the emergency c-section.

·
Registered
643 Posts
In the days leading up to labor I always get that stereotypical burst of energy. I'm no longer tired, achey, or cranky. I just want to go go go go go go go! I love that.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I felt VERY pmsy for the last few days. Hormonal, crampy, tons of bh. With both girls I lost my mucous plug in one huge glop which was followed by bloody show and went into labor with in 12 hours. I'm not analyzing anything this early this time around. I have 17 days until my due date and am not completely ready for this one yet so I am perfectly happy to go the 3 days over that I was with both girls. I still want to go to Summerfest in Milwaukee and get the doors in for the bathroom and bedroom.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
DH says when I was getting near labor with DS1 I got VERY emotional lol...then my contractions started off lighter and farther apart, slowly getting harder and closer together, spaced further for about 3hrs and then came back with a VENGEANCE lol

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
with my daughter I was induced, so I'm not much help on figuring out when labor will start or what early symptoms are.
This time I'll get to learn all about it hopefully.

·
Registered
918 Posts
I felt completely normal until I went into labor on my due date. (However, I was only a fingertip dilated the day before.) I was very bitchy and hormonal beginning at 37 weeks though.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Sounds like early labor to me.
I feel like that when things are beginning to happen.
Now... how long that will last, nobody knows...
I am crossing my fingers for you that it means hours - a couple of days away!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.