Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This question would probably be for military mama's that have had a hb with or without a mw present. Ok...Dh and I are going to ttc in January. He should leave for basic training in February. If all goes well (keeping my fingers crossed) we should be to his duty station sometime in the neighboorhood of July. Well, my question is this...Have any military mama's successfully had a homebirth? I would really like to plan on (barring my babe doesn't decide to make an early grand entrance, as is a habit with my kiddos) a homebirth, with a mw present. Can this be done in the military? I am pretty sure that this wouldn't be covered by military health insurance, but hubby and I would pay for it ourselves. How would I go about researching this? Even if I am not preggo when he leaves, I will be as soon as he gets out of basic and school, so it's still an important issue for me. I know that this question may seem to come a bit early, but I am ready (I would love to ttc NOW, but hubby wants me to wait until he is home for the birth) to educate myself of this issue. I am a firm believer that knowledge is power! Thanks, ladies, in advance!!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.