Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 8 mo old feels like he is burning up--He woke up with a fairly sudden hight fever. His head is super hot, neck and torso somewhat, but lower body and feet are cool. I searched the house for a thermometer, couldn't find one, so gave him a small dose of tylenol to make sure the fever stayed in a safe range till I could walk to the drugstore and get a new thermometer. I took his temp under his arm, and it was 100.3.<br><br>
I was reading up in "Your vital child" on homeopathics for fevers, and one recommendation for the type of fever he is experiencing said to give Belladonna. I am having a hard time figuring out what name that would go under since I didn't see it at Whole Foods this morning in their Boiron display. any experience?

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Yes, Belladonna is for fevers of sudden onset. I'm not aware of it being called any other name. It is a very common remedy, maybe they were just out of it?<br>
Good luck with your babe.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Belladonna is very common. I would assume the store was out of stock.<br><br>
There is belladonna in Hyland's teething tablets...perhaps someone else can clue us in if there's something in teething tablets that shouldn't be given when baby has a fever. (I used it in a pinch for baby's fever once.)<br><br>
Belladonna is also for fevers that radiate (hold your hand away from baby's skin and can still feel the heat) but leaves the hands and feet cold...even icy. When my son gets a fever, it's almost always like this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts