Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Call it a mood swing - call it pregnancy PMSing - call it simply an observation of this site, or whatever you want....

I joined this website as a way to get feedback from the online community. When you're pregnant and single, I think we would all agree that we need as much support and feedback as possible on issues we all face. I was looking forward to sharing my experience with others about my first trimester dilemmas, and hoped to gain insight while sharing opinions, etc.

I find it obnoxiously unsupportive that I posted a thread asking for feedback on an issue I have. While 509 people have read my thread, less than 5 responded. THAT IS INSANE!

Why even be here and ask for support when no one cares about your situation? What, you're here for yourself? You expect everyone to read your threads and respond and provide insight and feedback to YOUR QUESTIONS and yet you don't show the same courtesy?

I really thought that this was a place where people would participate in an online discussion and I don't see that in my case. It's not helpful.

Sorry if you don't like how blunt and straightforward of a complaint this is, but I am surprised that I'm getting as many viewers as I am and hardly ANY responses...

Am I not asking the right questions? Does anyone REALLY CARE here? Or should I google online discussion forums with better response potential and utilize a venue where people are actually engaged....

I'm blown away.

·
Premium Member
4,770 Posts
@sesame84 As the Moderator for the I'm Pregnant Forum, I feel I should respond. I think many people read threads but may not respond if they don't think they have something useful to add. Also, there are many people who read our site, but are not members, and you can only post if you are a member. I know I have viewed this thread several times to see what what others said and to see how you were doing. I did not have anything to add because I have not been in your situation. These things may account for the high number of views. I'm sorry if you feel you did not get enough responses or the quality of response you were looking for. I read the responses you did receive and I felt like they were very thoughtful and that the other members were taking time to understand your situation and to empathize with you. We may have a smaller community here, and the posts may be fewer, but I believe that our members are intelligent, thoughtful and caring people. When you are a new member, it can take time to get to know the other members and the forums. I would encourage you to consider joining your Due Date Club to meet other women due the same month as you and to take a lot at our Single Parenting Forum. You could make some great friends there. I have meet some great people through this community. Feel free to PM me with any questions.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Yeah, we have an INSANE amount of lurkers on here. A lot of women on here are particularly shy. They like to read but never really comment. I however am rather social and love commenting. This is why I have a particularly large post count, lol. As long as I actually have something to say i'll comment. I hate when people ignore my threads too. I still have multiple threads on this site that have been completely ignored. Yes, they've been viewed, but no one replies. Maybe the questions I ask are too out there, idk.

Reactions: pokeyac

·
Premium Member
5,127 Posts
Also, if people are reading on a phone or tablet, it's harder to post (at least for me, I'm way more comfy with a real keyboard, I don't post at all from my tablet or phone). It definitely can be frustrating to not get a response :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts