Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>Late this summer my DD had a rash starting on her buttocks / upper thighs. At fist as red raised dots, that looked like a heat rash, seamed minor enough. Within a week or so it looked like possibly excema to me (she was in a chlorinated pool daily), so I started applying at first moisturisers, then seabuckthorn oil, then hemp cream. The rash got progressively worse, to the point that it looked like impetigo pictures I found--angry red area about the size of two adult palms. She scratched it at nights. She was then on antibiotics for a dental issue, and the rash cleared up 30% or so, but then went immediately worse.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>We saw a naturopath who suggested comfry salve and Alimax (garlic based antibiotic). Neither did nothing, so we went to the family dr. The dr suggested that maybe it did start as a heat rash, but by that time it was obviously bacterial. 3 weeks on oral antibiotics, and the rash improved 95%, but when the antibiotics were finished, it started getting worse again, despite putting her back on Alimax.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The family dr prescribed 2% steroid cream. The rash improved within 2 weeks on it (slowly) but it is now not completely gone. The cream is finished. it has been about 4 weeks since we started the cream.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm back to putting tea trea oil with olive oil as a base, seabuckthorn oil (alternating with tea tree)...It is not getting any better. It is mostly gone. There are some faded spots on the buttocks, and still there's an area where she scratches from time to time. So about 10% of the rash is still there.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>What else can be done? I'm going to see the family dr again next week, but I'm not sure how more aggressive we can go on that rash. I'd prefer a more natural route, especially to heal the skin after the steroid cream.</p>
<p> </p>

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
<p>anyone?</p>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts