Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not homeschooling, but my daughter has asked if I could find her a reading textbook like the one she has at school. She has plenty of regular picture books, but continually tells me she loves the stories from the reader and wants to read one at home too. I thought I might get one for her birthday next month.<br><br>
She's almost 6 and has been reading at school from an SRA textbook called "Six Ducks in a Pond", which I'm guessing is at 1st grade level or so.<br><br>
So I'm looking for recommendations for a basal reader (I think the textbookiness matters...) for her to read for fun.

·
Premium Member
38,824 Posts
Moving this from the Homeschool Curriculum Reviews forum to Learning at Home and Beyond for discussion. The reviews forum does not host discussion. Please read the guidelines for more information. Thanks!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Have you checked out Rainbow Resource to see what they have? I know that they carry lots of different curricula from traditional school in a box to unschooling stuff. I bet they would have something. OH, and check with any teachers in your area to see if they are getting rid of old texts . I teach PS and know that we are getting new LA books t his year. Maybe they can give you an old copy or a sample that they didn't adopt!<br>
Michele

1 - 4 of 4 Posts