Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<i>[Admin note: Post placed with approval ~Cynthia]</i><br><br>
hello. i've only posted a couple things before, but i though that this might be a good place to throw out an idea/thoughts that i had to get somefeed back...<br><br>
i am, first and always a mom. i love my dd very very much, and have really felt the joys and challenges of guiding her through the first year of her life...<br><br>
i am, second a partner to my dh- who continues to challenge oppression, violence and gender roles right along side me.<br><br>
i am, third, (though it is my passion) a domestic violence advocate- though most of my work is actually in prevention in the schools around dating abuse/media literacy and gender violence.<br><br>
knowing all of that-- i have this buring desire to collect stories from mothers- mothers from all of the world- stories of joy, saddness, fear, anger, love, passion, being a working mom, being a stay at home mom, etc. I have learned so much from other moms. Sometimes it's been easy to connect and sometimes it's been harder, but in the end-- it's apparent that all of our stories are so valuable- so much can be learned from each other. I also believe that mothers get the short end of the stick all too often and i feel that by compiling their words (into hopefully a book!!) others can share in their lives and begin to understand the complexities of being a mom...<br><br>
so, long request short-- would you be interested in sharing stories (confidentially) to contribute to a book-vision to celebrate motherhood in all it's ups and downs? i'm currently working on a format for this...and I am also interested in suggestions for topic ideas (though i would like to keep them broad)<br><br>
in peace,

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Sounds really fun!<br><br>
I would definately be interested!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i am so happy to see that some would be interested in contributing...i'm just finishing up an "outline" to give some direction/suggestions to those interested in contributing...however, if you would like to start, please feel free to do so--it's your story. the thing that i have told other mothers is-- share somthing that you might tell a friend or something that you want other mothers to know-- the joy, the struggle, the sorrow, the happiness- it is all so important as we work to support each other as mothers and as women...<br>
in peace, sarah

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the outline/guide sheet is complete. for more info or to obtain it, please email or PM me, or even drop a note in this thread. thank you all for sharing and creating, what i believe will be a wonderful tribute to motherhood.<br>
*sarah*

1 - 10 of 10 Posts