Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>Hi!  Maybe I'm just looking for some hope but here is my ridiculous question.  So I took a pg test, this morning.  A very faint blue line appeared in the test area but then disappeared after a few minutes.  Meanwhile, at the bottom of the test window a little patch of blue appeared.  Is there hope for me to be pg?  Laugh at me if you must.  :)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thank you, thank you!</p>

·
Premium Member
5,327 Posts
If it is a blue dye test then you do have a chance of a disappearing positive, one of the many problems blue dye tests have. I would retest with a pink dye test.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
After seeing dozens of people with false positives on blue dye tests, my response comes back to the same as BathrobeGoddess - get a pink dye test and try again. You'll never know for certain with a blue dye test.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
<p>sorry to sound redundant, but I second and third the comments about getting pink dye. Blue ones are incredibly notoriuous for false positives and lots of heartbreak. The extra couple bucks is worth the peace of mind! Good Luck!</p>

·
Registered
603 Posts
<p>See if there is a dollar tree in your area the tests are sensitive, pink dye, and just a buck. My sister in law has got 2 false positives from blue dye test in the past year. Even her silly doctor told her that if a prego test said positive that she is prego and to just assume that she is. Of course the blood test came back negative. You could definately be pregnant no matter what any test says and I hope you are but I would definately test again. give us an update.</p>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts