Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think it was a series of unfortunate events, she was up and playing in the yard today.<br><br>
While I am not dead-set against euthenasia, I believe death is a natural thing and we all die as we must. There is no need to kill her off if she is not ready. There are mamny kinds of suffering and I don't think what an animal experiences is as bad as humans percieve it to be.<br>
Dying should not be feared. I will not be euthenising her. I have only one animal that was euthenised. The rest get to die of old age naturally, because that is what I think they would prefer.<br>
I will not kill them because of what I am feeling, that is not my place in thier life.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
I think she deserves a vet visit--if she's diabetic, for example (several of the things you list hint at that in my opinion), you can greatly improve her quality of life.<br><br>
You should be thinking of end-of-life issues, yes, not because she's necessarily there now but because realistically you're nearing it at this age. My only suggestion, having had a lot of dogs, is that you reconsider euthanasia--the end is rarely quick or gentle and it is a great gift we give creatures who have no ability to understand pain or suffering.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts