Mothering Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This baby was conceived in a dream about a renaissance tapestry with images of fruit, flowers, ladies and lions. (Really, I was in this wild dreamlike state - never had that happen before.) In my "younger" days, I used to sing in public performances with choirs and such. I was thinking I would like to rehearse a song for my baby - something pretty with a renaissance sound. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I also wanted to share a photo of my pregnancy bracelet I made:

http://hometown.aol.com/abmercer/photos.html

·
Registered
15,101 Posts
Unfortunatly, no, I don't have any suggestions - but I wanted to say the bracelet is very pretty, great job!

·
Registered
5,492 Posts
pretty bracelet -- no ideas on a song-- I sang in labor a couple of times and it was great- my neighbor who was an opera singer had given me the idea because she sang in her labors--- good luck in finding/creating a song

·
Banned
11,594 Posts
there's a group of women called "anonymous 4" who sing a number of interesting songs from various eras. i believe they have a couple of reniassance albums and you might be able to find some really beautiful music through them.

the bracelet is really nice.

btw, i was reading in Chopra'a Spontaneous Fulfillment of Desire about how women in a particular community in africa (i believe) write a song for their baby while they're pregnant and sing it to the child while it is in the womb. then when it is born, she sings it. and it is sung for the child at every event in the child's life, including at the end of that person's live. Each person in the community has their own 'song'--and this creates a powerful community bond.

so perhaps you can write a song that is exactly right for you and your child.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
btw, i was reading in Chopra'a Spontaneous Fulfillment of Desire about how women in a particular community in africa (i believe) write a song for their baby while they're pregnant and sing it to the child while it is in the womb. then when it is born, she sings it. and it is sung for the child at every event in the child's life, including at the end of that person's live. Each person in the community has their own 'song'--and this creates a powerful community bond.
This gave me chills.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2bluefish View Post
This baby was conceived in a dream about a renaissance tapestry with images of fruit, flowers, ladies and lions. (Really, I was in this wild dreamlike state - never had that happen before.) In my "younger" days, I used to sing in public performances with choirs and such. I was thinking I would like to rehearse a song for my baby - something pretty with a renaissance sound. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I also wanted to share a photo of my pregnancy bracelet I made:

http://hometown.aol.com/abmercer/photos.html
Oh golly! Writing a song! Wow, cool idea, but I can be of no help!
But I love your braclet and sybolism it has! Beautiful!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.