Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want a metal teapot for ds, something that I can put real tea or liquid in. I don't want anything with flowers on it, and anything ceramic because we have a tile floor. Any ideas? Also, is there a good kind of tea that you can give to a toddler? He is OBSESSED with hot beverages and tea right now. He likes the taste of it too.

·
Premium Member
3,787 Posts
I've been looking for an enamel tea set for my son but haven't found anything yet. I'm anxious to see if anyone here has suggestions for where to look.

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by *Jessica* View Post
I've been looking for an enamel tea set for my son but haven't found anything yet. I'm anxious to see if anyone here has suggestions for where to look.
Here's an enamel one (though they call it a "coffee set"): http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/store...umber=80041186

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
I don't have any teapot suggestions, but my kids drink tea all the time. Some of their favorites:

Sleepytime, Anything Chamomille, Raspberry & blueberry, Apple tea; they also really like hot apple cider (with or without mulling spices) and "kid's coffee," which is two tablespoons of molasses in hot water.
They'll drink just about any kind of tea that I give them, though. When they were sick a few weeks ago, they were very excited to have "medicine tea."
:

--Rynna

·
Premium Member
3,787 Posts

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
We have a stainless steel Turkish double teapot (MIL sent it from Turkey), DS LOVES using the top (small) teapot to practice pouring, and we use the bigger one for making conventional American-type teas. But, we still have both pots so we can also make Turkish tea. They are totally worth it!

As for type of tea - DS has been drinking chamomile tea since he was a teething baby. When we first gave it to him, we made it *very* weak, and now I would say it is at a medium strength, which is plenty for him. It has very calming effects and tastes and smells wonderful.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi there!
Nice to hear your little one likes tea! I know of a small stainless steel teapot that is very functional and inexpensive, but it is kinda blah in terms of style. Here is the link: In case the link doesn't work, it is a stainless teapot at cookwarepro.com:
https://cookwarepro.com/product_info...roducts_id=382
I have seen some enamelware sets that are toys in my toy supplier catalogs, but none that you can actually use. Check other sites too, such as instawares.com as they may have other small ones used at restaurants. As for types of tea, I know there are various herbal teas without caffiene, and apple cinnamin may be a blend he would like, but you might want to check with your doctor first as sometimes they say some herbs aren't really for young children. Good luck!

·
Registered
8,658 Posts
My kids like rooibos (and once in awhile, jasmine). They have an Olivia teaset (yes, the boys
) which is ceramic, so no help. But at least you know there are other little boys who enjoy tea time.

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by *Jessica* View Post
I think that is porcelain, but thank you.
Oops! lol

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mollyeilis View Post
I grew up with a metal teapot, and they can get HOT. I don't know if you know that, but I felt I had to say it.
I was thinking the same thing. Will it just be used for cold-water pretend tea? Magic cabin had one in their catalog last year, though it says it is for pretend cooking.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
We bought a very small stainless tea kettle for my son last year at Target - it was in with all the regular housewares. It's not exactly a tea pot, but it's been very durable and he loves it.

·
Premium Member
3,787 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mollyeilis View Post
I grew up with a metal teapot, and they can get HOT. I don't know if you know that, but I felt I had to say it.
That's something I hadn't considered, but ours will just be used for cold beverages and pretend play.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts