Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess I have to say...........................my love of menstrual cups is profound. I tell my girlfriends that "some man had to invent that shoe horn they use on us during exams...........a man who's ex got the kids, car, house, dog, and retirement..............and he'd teach women a lesson". I have a tilted uterus, and exams are and always have been so painful. Tampons had always been painful. I always always hated my period. I'm heavy 2 or 3 out of SEVEN days, and my back aches (had bad back labor in childbirth).
What I'm getting to is.......................I feel vindicated, as a woman, by the invention of menstrual cups. I now look forward to a cycle every month, and it makes those annual exams worth it to know there's a rainbow in our femininity! Something to celebrate...............................

·
Premium Member
16,212 Posts
Let me guess.........you had an episiotomy at one point? That weakens the pelvic floor and causes everything to tilt or go south, or whatever. Tampons are painful for me too, but they weren't before my episiotomy.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, just always had a tilted uterus. Mother and grandma too. Never had episiotomy, thank goodness. I had one stitch after my daughter was born, because I tore a smidge. He wasn't gonna stitch me, and I gave him the clearance to better be safe than sorry. They have to use the smaller speculums on me (teenager/virgin), even after 2 kids and 33 years old. I cry every single time I get an exam, and I endured tattoos (including permanent makeup) and piercings, so you'd think a little exam wouldn't bother me. Anyway, I think women are amazing, and men should feel amazed by us!

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by solidcitizqueen
Anyway, I think women are amazing, and men should feel amazed by us!
ITA!!!
At my exam at the beginning of pregnancy #2, my uterus had apparently inverted (did a 180 basically) after the birth of #1 and the exam was quite painful and awful. The midwife had to tilt the spec at an awful angle to see my cervix. Not to mention the position of her head. Ugh, the whole experience was awful. I think my uterus decided to go back to the right position after #2, so hopefully no more of that, but I understand how you must feel everytime. And though I have not been able to share in your love of the diva cup (or which ever brand you use) I can share in your joy as I have come to love my sea sponges very much! The cup just does not work for me, it is terribly uncomfortable. But the sea sponges make my cycle so easy and nearly nonexistent!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've had sponges on hand for several years, and don't know why I never put much energy into them. I'm actually considering them, especially for intercourse during my cycle. I used Insteads for 10 years, so that was always a "clean ride". I'm verrrrrrry intrigued by replacing them w/ sponges now! I had my daughter practice familiarizing herself w/ her anatomy once she had her first cycle last month, by giving her sponges to use. Her goal was her Diva cup, but that happened successfully this month (cycle 2).
Poor thing is experiencing her first yeast infection now, and refused to cooperate w/ natural remedies, so I had to resort to Monistat 1-Day. I've never had a yeast infection (but had "warnings" from my body that I got in check before it errupted), so it's been sad for me as a mother to watch her go through 2 tramas in 2 months at 13 (first was 1st cycle, then 2nd cycle was followed by YI). My poor baby girl! I hope she also won't have the tilted uterus, but I'm afraid that being my clone, she will. I'll one day find out!

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
I just googled Insteads, never heard of them before. Wow, those are expensive! I love the sponges because they are so cheap, natural, and I can't even tell they are there when in. And for me, I only have to clean it out twice a day, so not a bad deal overall.

And thanks on the girls names Jean-na. We like them.
Sorry about the rough time your 13 yr old is having. I've had more than my fair share of yeast infections. They suck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.