1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
243 Posts
"Meanwhile, Novavax is also immunizing pregnant women in a separate mid-stage trial in an attempt to jumpstart infant immunity" Curious what kind of woman would volunteer their unborn child to be a guinea pig in a drug experiment?"
Women who are pumped full of fear. YOUR child can DIE from this! Do you want YOUR child DEAD? Children DIE all the time from this disease. YOUR child could be the next one to DIE!

Throw that at someone enough and they'll do practically anything to keep their baby safe from this dreaded, deadly, child killing disease.

Fear is an extremely powerful thing, and they know it.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Women who are pumped full of fear. YOUR child can DIE from this! Do you want YOUR child DEAD? Children DIE all the time from this disease. YOUR child could be the next one to DIE!

Throw that at someone enough and they'll do practically anything to keep their baby safe from this dreaded, deadly, child killing disease.

Fear is an extremely powerful thing, and they know it.
Today I got a call from Charter about how I need a home phone because my toddler (under two) may be able to call 911 if I am unconscious. I'm not saying this couldn't happen, but she seemed pretty intent on scaring me into adding on a land line for this specific reason. When I think back to my childhood, I see a lot of what my parents did was based on fear like this (such as not tricker treating at strangers houses). After I first had my daughter, my father randomly brought up seeing a public service commercial about not sleeping with infants for fear of SIDS. Again, not saying it couldn't happen, but the fear related to certain topics in our culture is really interesting. Especially when you go to another culture and see how the topic is handled and discussed. Or not even considered at all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts