Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My DH has been making willing-but-unhappy noises about co-sleeping. I think this is mainly because he doesn't understand its value, and my short explanations don't sink in. Life is easier if I can help him understand from the beginning.

Is there a video or book or something out there that really explains the value of co-sleeping, especially in the first months?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I got McKenna's book. I think I'll find it useful. For DH, though, I think something more succinct is needed!

·
Registered
86 Posts
there are a lot of videos about Mckenna and also Sears. On the other hand understanding why your husband has doubts could be helpful, right? Every family has its own way to deal with a child and that means what is working for mom, for baby and also for dad.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@pulcetti, (I think this is how to respond directly right?), I think the main issue is that he isn't aware of what the first few months are like, the constant breastfeeding. I've told him, but it doesn't sink in. After that I'm happy to make a change if it would be better, and he'll also be more easygoing because we'll already be doing it--I'm mainly being cautious because he can get quite difficult about things when they're still just theoretical. He's always convinced eventually, but I'd rather avoid that initial stress.

eta: Another issue is that our home is quite small, so there really aren't a lot of alternatives... there are some, but it's not like we have a convenient nursery we could be using. He comes from a culture and family where this is very common, but I guess actual bed-sharing is not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts