Mothering Forum banner

Have you ever tried a Work-at-Home program?

• Yes, and I don't care for it

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I am 29 weeks pregnant, and a little over a month ago I was fired from the daycare I worked at. My spouse is currently unemployed and we haven't had a car for over a year now(I was walking 1.5 miles to work daily
not fun). I tried to get a new job, but no one seemed to want to hire me and I think it was because I'm pregnant.

Anyway, recently I was at Wal-Mart and seen an advertisement on a billboard about working from home and decided to try it out. However, I did have to make a small investment to start. First I paid $5 for more information about the program and the registration form, and then an additonal $15 to start the program. The nice thing though is that it has a money back guarentee. It's a mail-from-home type program where you process mail for other companies from home. So far things seem to be working out! I get paid for each brochure that I process and I get paid weekly.

Well, after completing the registration form, I recieved a packet in the mail telling me about what work I would be doing and how I would be getting paid. I mail out brochures for companies, and I get paid for each brochure I mail out. I don't have to pay postage for shipping the brochures either, the company I'm working for takes care of that. I get a base pay of $3 for each brochure I mail out. However, if someone responds to a brochure I get $7. It's nice either way because I am making something, and it gets the bills paid =).

It seems like a good program and I am happy with the work. It was definetly worth paying the registration fee. Oh, and speaking of the registration fee, you get that back once 35 people have responded to the brochures that you mailed out. So it seems like there's nothing to lose.

If any of you are interested, you should try it out. The money back guarentee is nice, however it doesn't seem like I will need it

I feel lucky to have this kind of work. Now I will be able to stay at home with my baby once she/he gets here ^_^. Good Luck to all of you ladies! I hope your stay-at-home careers are just as successful!

If you want to know more about this Work-at-Home program, just email or pm me and I will be glad to share what I know

·
Premium Member
2,785 Posts
A friend of mine did a program like this, and lost a lot of money. I would be wary! Although it sounds like you are happy with the company you are working with.

I think the best work-at-home gig is to start your own business providing a product or service, and work to market that.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I have a friend who tried the envelopes from home thing and lost money too. He paid for a list of companies that might need him to do it. Then he couldnt find work with any of them.

I do a sorta work from home job. I do a party business. I do my paperwork, computer work and phone calls from home then in the evenings and weekends when DH is home, i go do the parties. I have been doing it for 6 yrs, 4 1/2 yrs as my only job and have been very successful at it. I like making good money and only being gone a few times a month ( plus it gets me out of the house for some much needed me time withother women) and I like pacing myself to how much i want to work. I am taking a month-6 weeks off when i have DS2 in August.

Anyway, good luck with your biz, glad it is going well!

Amy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts