Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of the August mamas are having their babies!

·
Registered
85 Posts
i'm terrified and excited at the same time. I'm just afraid that when my water breaks I won't know what to do. My fear is I'll be home alone and my brother and other family members will be no where to be found. I don't know if I'm going to be late or early..OMG--my head is spinning!!!!
:

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
::meep::

I'm "due" on the very early side of September. What have I been DOING for the last 8 months?! There's so much to get done before kidlet arrives!!! Ack!
:

·
Registered
724 Posts
I've just started getting things together for my bag for the hospital. I also convinced my boyfriend we need a cute outfit for chucklet to bring her home from the hospital in. I got it from old navy it is so cute. I went there yesterday and they were having 50% off of clearence items, I wish one was closer then 50 miles away they have a ton of cute baby and maternity clothes. I can't believe I am going to be a mommy in 2 months though, so scary! I don't know what I am going to do for a bed for it either... I want to cosleep but my boyfriend isn't a fit sleeper and our beds kind of small and really high off the ground. It will have to go in our room though because there's nowhere else. I read somewhere you can use a laundry basket??

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
I can't wait to see who is first from our board!
I know it's crazy, but the "big day" still seems so far away to me. Of course I was saying the same thing at 41 weeks last time.
It never seems "real" for me until it's actually happening. That said, I suppose we should probably paint the baby's room and get a few things we need.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Crap! I still have too much to do! This pregnancy has gone way to fast for me.

My 36-week home visit is NEXT WEEK! I've got all my supplies, but I'm so NOT ready for this baby yet and I don't think I will be in a month either.

Okay, now I'm nervous.

Plus, my dd finally started sleeping through the night only 1 month ago. I LOVE sleeping. I don't want 2 years of sleepless nights again. That scares the sh!# out of me more than labor.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by vloky
I don't know what I am going to do for a bed for it either... I want to cosleep but my boyfriend isn't a fit sleeper and our beds kind of small and really high off the ground. It will have to go in our room though because there's nowhere else. I read somewhere you can use a laundry basket??
You could look for a co-sleeper. They adjust to fit evenly next to the bed. That way the baby isn't actually in the bed with you, just next to it, but one side is open so it's easy access as if the baby were in the bed with you. My bassinett did that and it was very helpful with my dd because our bed was small, too. Unfortunately, it was still a bassinett, so it was only useful for about the first 4 months. Then we had to get a bigger bed to make co-sleeping comfortable.

HTH,

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
i've seen their birth annocements too!!! aaahhh!!! i am "due" sept. 1......very real chance it will be an august baby.............................very real chance it could be a middle of sept. baby too.....ugh. its like i am torn in both directions. i would be happy to have a late august baby and not have to worry about edd and all that but man i am not ready for a newborn!!!

either way next month is it ladies!!!

·
Registered
297 Posts
I still have a lot to do as well, it's starting to seem like a never-ending project...plus I have decided to totally freak out about the baby coming early (even though I went to almost 42 weeks last time). My MW's won't deliver at home unless I am at 37 weeks, plus I don't have any insurance. I think my poor DH is ready to run away from home. I am getting really emotional now...I was going to bed the other night and got stuck in the living room because my freakin leg was hurting so much. (I pulled something picking up DD, even though I know better). Instead of calling for help I just stood there and cried like a little girl. LLLLOOOOVVVVEEEE being an emotional basketcase.
That being said, I am totally excited for this birth. I am trying to really chill out and enjoy everything, instead of telling myself I can relax after 37 weeks rolls around.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Yikes! Craziness!

I just don't feel like it's that close, I don't really have anything ready

I should order my birth kit supplies by this weekend, and my birth pool...I was kinda hoping that our tax return would get here before I had to order--I want to order extra herbs and a few other things not on the list, but it's not looking like that'll happen

My house desperately needs to be gone through and decluttered/organized...I should really have a yard sale, there's a big corner of our garage being taken up with stuff that should be gotten rid of *sigh*

I just have little to no motivation because it's so
hot here! We're getting record highs this summer...figures (don't mind me while I vent a bit
: ), sheesh!

Anyway, yeah...starting to get down to the wire now!

·
Registered
724 Posts
jlpolzin-I was going to be borrowing a co-sleeper from a mutual friend of my s.o. and I, but his wife and him are going through an icky split up that's pretty much all his fault so it kind of seems iffy we will be able to loan that now. I hope I can get together enough money before she comes, if not I think I'll just get one of those pack and plays with the bassinet built in..

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
There is also a way to make a side car from a crib. Kellymom has some basic info here or you can do a google search for "crib side car".

·
Registered
724 Posts
Yeh, I know someone that did that, but a crib would cost about as much as a co-sleeper. My boyfriend just finished a super expensive masters program in human resources and will soon have to start paying back 30+k in loans and has yet to find a job in his field. He is apparently underexperienced and overqualified at the same time. He's getting so discouraged.
I pray a lot. And his dad's family owns a business that gross over 100 million per year and is supposedly a family bussiness and he can only get a job there through a temp agency because his dad doesn't want to show neptitism or some stupid shit. *not bitter*

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
Oh Sara, that sucks.
I just thought I'd toss the side car thing out there b/c it is much easier to find a good used crib than it is a co-sleeper, kwim? The local Craig's List here has them everyday.

·
Registered
724 Posts
it's alright. I know there are some charity organizations that will get you a crib when you need it. Or at least there were ones where I came from (minnesota) I'm now in south carolina though which being a red state isn't so big on charity and helping poor people. Ah well. I'm probably just going to get a pack n play for 70 bucks at walmart and have her sleep in the bassinet part and then the playpen part when she gets bigger or move her into the bed. By then hopefully I could afford something else for her. Sorry to whine/complain its just been something kind of gnawing at me lately. If all else fails there's always the sock drawer!
I guess I can check on the craigs list for this area and free cycle and call around to catholic charities and places like that.

·
Registered
4,615 Posts
ACK! We've done NOTHING to prepare for this child, our first, other than buy a condo and paint a room. NOTHING! I am feeling so woefully unprepared!

·
Registered
614 Posts
Hey Sara, re: the expense of cribs/etc, my mom honest-to-goodness used a laundry basket for me as an infant (you know the rectangular kind with the stiff mesh sides). She had a bassinette but apparently I liked the laundry basket better! You can find 'em for, what, $5 at target or anywhere. Everytime I look at those adorable expensive moses baskets I think "but really, isn't this just an overpriced, hard-to-clean laundry basket?"

1 - 20 of 22 Posts