Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Ds is supposed to be napping. He's playing in his room and kicking his bed instead. 'Cause he's overtired. Or because the wind is blowing in the wrong direction. Or whatever. He got up at 6 this morning. It's frigging 3:15. We rocked and rocked and rocked and rocked. No dice. The kid's tired. This we know. He just will. not. go. to. sleep.

Gosh I love autism, it's such a frigging blast.

/vent

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okay, we're on 1.5 hours of playing in our room and talking to ourselves.
. Forget it. I give.

·
Registered
52 Posts
My two year old does the same thing all the time... I gave up several times as well... The good thing is that he goes to bed earlier whenever he skips his afternoon nap.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Gosh - how do you get him to stay in his room for that long? A would be OUT if I could just get him to LAY IN BED for 5 minutes. The minute I get up, so does he. I'd love it if he'd just lay in his bed to rest. LOL

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoVeryCherry
Gosh - how do you get him to stay in his room for that long? A would be OUT if I could just get him to LAY IN BED for 5 minutes. The minute I get up, so does he. I'd love it if he'd just lay in his bed to rest. LOL
Well, he has a few toys in there. He also runs around in circles, babbles to himself, and looks out the window.

I finally just said eff it and went in there to see what kind of crack he was obviously smoking, and it turns out he had a poopy diaper. In 1 hour after we changed a poopy diaper, he managed to have another one. Which never happens. So that's why he wouldn't go to sleep. I wonder why he didn't cry or anything?

Anyway, I changed the diaper and got him to sleep at 4:30, finally, in my bed of course. I woke his little butt up at 6:10, he was none too pleased. Sorry kid, we ain't doing this again at bedtime. I do believe we'll be giving melatonin tonight.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts