1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I took 3 internet strip tests on 7 dpo, 8 dpo, and 9 dpo - all
. I took a FRER on 8 dpo in the evening and 9 dpo in the afternoon - both
. I took a digital Clearblue Easy yesterday which was 10 dpo. It was
but I've since found out it only tests for 50 hcg so I should have bothered so early. Today I woke up at 3:15 am to pee. I had been sleeping since 10:15 pm so 5 hours - urine was really dark. I took an internet strip test (today is 11 dpo) and I don't know what to think!!! There was a faint
within 3 minutes. It gradually got darker and within 15 minutes (and still now) it is visible just to sit it on a counter and look at it. It's faint but definately there and its pink (well purple now, the test has dried). The issue is that at around 20 minutes the die sort of started to spread out from the result line a bit and the other white parts look a little mottled (not pink, just kind of yellowish). So the line is still clearly visible, it has definable edges, but there is also a bit of die spread out around the line. Is this still a positive??? Of course I have now been awake since 3:15 am (it is 5:23 am) and my husband will be so thrilled that my nervous energy made me clean the living room and kitchen top to bottom (and I am not a neat person)! :LOL I can't post a picture because my digital camera doesn't pick it up properly (it is a cheap digital, you can barely see the control line when I take a picture!) and the scanner isn't working. But I've tried to describe it as best as I can. Any input?? Signed, going crazy in Ontario, Canada

Edited to add - of course it is my last test strip!! Argh! I am going to have to sneak out and buy another FRER.

UPDATE!!!!
I went out and bought a First Response test and took it. The line showed up within 30 seconds. And its not really that faint either, its very visible! I'm pregnant!!!!

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
I'm sorry I'm going to be more hesitant. I've gotten false what looked like positives off of those test strips (and my friend down the street, too) they sound pretty much like what you're describing right down the to the yellow background and the lines that are on the outside, but the inner color bled a bit.

I'm going to try find a link for you for pics of false positives. There was one on there that looked a lot like the false that I got. EDITED: I can NOT find it anywhere. Anyone have that link?

So, I would say be hesitant right now. I'll probaby be the oddball saying this!

I HOPE that it really is a positive though!!!
:

·
Registered
609 Posts
Well congratulations! In my experience First response tests are the best! I found out I was pregnant with this pregnancy at THREE WEEKS!!! The docs strips were saying I wasn't and I had a blood test that revealed that I was indeed expecting!
So I was three weeks and got a positive! I remember wanting to get pregnant! Now I just want this baby out! :LOL But congratulations!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.