Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently they changed their recommendation that only women who have had 1 c/s attempt VBAC. I was wondering what the chances are of them reversing that in the next few years. Have they reversed themselves on other things? I am just wondering how likely I am to find a mw/dr to do a VBA2C

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I agree with Angela. Very little chance of finding a hospital but MWs will almost certainly take you on. I'd be startled if one didn't!<br>
J

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
You probably won't have a problem finding a DEM with no one over seeing her to do a hba2c. A doctor is near impossible now. And hospitals are revoking their willingness to do vbacs period due to malpractice insurance companies making the hospital policies as well as doctor's policies on what the proper course of treatment is.<br>
As you can see by my post I had a hba2c, it was w a DEM. It took awhile to find one since they are not just listed in the phone book under midwife. My OB terminated me from the practice at 28 wks pregnant and I assume it was b/c I asked about vbac!

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how did you go about finding a DEM? My doula for DDs birth is now in midwifery school, and has already said she would take me as a client, but I just want to know all my options.<br><br>
edited to add - I LOVE your line there - HBA2C "I'm healing" .... love it. I think about that line a lot when I think about getting pg again.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
I located a DEM through someone I know, who asked some people she knows; it was basically a La Leche League leaders e-mail group. La Leche League supports natural child birth and around here a lot of LLL leaders and members are homebirthers.<br>
I wish I had known who to ask and where to look back in 1998 when we moved here.

·
Registered
500 Posts
<div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">
<div>Originally Posted by <strong>MommytoTwo</strong></div>
<div style="font-style:italic;">how did you go about finding a DEM? My doula for DDs birth is now in midwifery school, and has already said she would take me as a client, but I just want to know all my options.<br><br>
edited to add - I LOVE your line there - HBA2C "I'm healing" .... love it. I think about that line a lot when I think about getting pg again.</div>
</td>
</tr></table></div>
You can also check with your nearest ICAN Chapter leader to see if they can refer you to any VBA2C-friendly providers in your area. I have names for my area. <a href="http://www.ican-online.org/community/chapters.php" target="_blank">ICAN Chapters</a>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts