Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How freely do the wheels spin on your young kid's inline skates? 6 year old DD's skates are about the cheapest adjustable ones in her size range (10-1) I could find. If you pick them up and try to spin the wheels, they don't spin freely. You try to start one spinning, and it won't even go all the way around once. At first I thought the bolts must just be too tight, but loosening them didn't help. DD can skate in them, but they're slow and she doesn't get much glide. I'm wondering if I need to buy a more expensive pair of skates, or get different bearings for these, or if I should expect all skates for kids this size to be the same way. Maybe they make them like this for safety? There's no danger of DD getting out of control and going too fast, that's for sure.

If your kid has skates in about the same size that don't have this problem, what kind are they and where did you get them?

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
We have some and the wheel spin freely. I think you should exchange them. The only pair that hasn't were the one that you could set the "level" on the skate. A Level 1 didn't spin at all, level 2 only went one direction and level 3 was a regular skate. At level 3, they did spin freely too. Oh, we didn't spend much on ours. I could only find one other pair that was less expensive. We bought the ones we bought vs the others because they ran a bit less wide.

Amy

·
Registered
778 Posts
we have these skates and they roll freely, sometimes I am worried that he is going to get going too fast.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.