Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok well the sonogram took forever because it was a BPP [biophysical profile] and she had to locate all the organs, 4 chambers of the heart, etc and our baby girl was NOT cooperating, AT ALL!

So guess what my darling baby decided to do since the last visit? She decided she was sick of being head down the entire time and now she is FRANK BREECH! UGH! So that pain my left ribs was not her feet as I thought it might be - it is her HEAD!

About my polyhydramnios. Well UGH - 30+ is my number. My deepest pocket is a 12! DOUBLE UGH.

So they made me hook up to that machine that checks for contractions and I had a few, nothing major though.

Ohh and she weighs 6 pounds... or so the ultrasound says but I don't really put too much faith in that, it can be off by a pound either way so who knows really. She's measuring at least 2 weeks ahead on all her measurements and some 3+ weeks ahead. My other babes did too - my husband is 6'6" tall and my babes apparently take after him in size.

My anemia isn't any better. My peri had never heard of Floradix and said if I choose to use it I do so at my own risk. What risk? Can it hurt me or the baby??

Ohh and my darling daughter was not only head up but looking towards my spine and so we tried everything to get a view of her face on 3d/4d sonogram and finally with me on my left side with one foot in the air and my tongue held just right (LOL) we got a glimpse of her face - smushed right into the placenta that is. LOL!

I only gained 3 pounds the last month so that's good. My BP is great, as always, and everything looks wonderful with our baby girl.

So what about this polyhydramnios. Do I need to be freaking out or anything? My sister had it bad with her last two babies and all was fine with them, they just had to induce her early is all. Which, btw, the dr. today was talking about the baby needing to come around 38 weeks.

My other babes came around 37-38.5 weeks and were almost 9 pounds a piece.

· Registered
706 Posts
It's not uncommon for poly babies to flip around tons...make sure you are doing lots of walking/tilts/diving to get her headed south.

Also, if they didn't see any physiological reasons for her/you to have poly (i.e. not swallowing or signs of genetics issues) & you have a family history of it...I would just let it go. Did they ask you to do an amnio or anything?

I had an AFI in the 40's with #1 (I was huge!!!) and the U/S indicated several reasons for it. If she's looking good on U/S then hopefully you can relax

I'd be more concerned about his opinion that the baby needs to come early - with poly you have a higher chance of prolapse or malposition if they induce you before she is well engaged. It might be worth asking why she needs to come early (and if it is for size reasons only...well, that would have me worried).

· Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Everythihg is fine with the baby, the poly is being caused either by genetics (sister and mother both had it) or by my borderline gestational diabetes which is presently being controlled by diet without troubles.

The reason she wants to go early is because of previous c-sections and her worrying that my uterus might get too extended and cause a uterine tear or something of that nature. Size isn't really a factor as far as I could tell when she was explaining. I should also mention it wasn't MY peri that talked to me today. It was her partner, mine is on vacation and won't be back till next week and she tends to be less aggressive than this particular dr. so she might say something totally different. *shrugs* I go back next Thursday to see her so I should know more then!

· Registered
706 Posts
Ah, if you are having a C/S then the position thing won't matter too much, right? So I guess it is just figuring out when to schedule?

I was at an ICAN meeting last night with a Mom who had twins after a c/s - she carried them both to 7.5 pounds and her scar did great...anecdotal I know, but still!

Good luck with the next couple of weeks, it will be great when she gets here!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.