Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those that use Allens Natural Detergent do u think they help with ur diapers.? i ma thinking of trying it with kaylees diapers beucase she gets red and rash and i am wondering if it is detergnet. we have tried era,all,purex,sportwash.<br>
so now i am wondering about allens natural detergent or soemthing liek it. Do u like it for your diapers? are ur kids less rashy and do u not get buildup?

·
Registered
929 Posts
I've used Allen's before and I think it does get diapers really clean. I use Bi-o-Kleen now and have for a long time, and have quite a few hemp diapers. We have never had stink issues since using Bi-o-kleen. Your dd could be sensitive to the other stuff in the commercial detergents, so maybe the switch would help her. I don't use pockets or other fleecey things, so I don't know if Bi-o-Kleen would cause buildup on that stuff or not. Mother of Eden recommends Allen's, I think, so I'd say it's a safe bet.

·
Registered
10,400 Posts
I use Bi-O-Kleen too and have no problems with it. I don't use fleece either.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I use Allen's and I love it! You only have to use a small amount. I have soft water and a front loader and only use 1/2 teaspoon. I did get a little build up after months of using it but I stripped and all is well. Actually you can probably use just about anything just decrease the amount. If you are having rash problems I would first strip the diapers to get rid of what detergent you have in them and then when you wash decrease the amount of detergent to a tablespoon if you have hard water and 1 teaspoon if you have soft water. I guess start at the bottom then go up. Hope this helps!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts