Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm TTC #2 and have had 15 days of high temps, 4 neg preg tests, and about every symptom of pregnancy known to man in the first 11-12 days of high temps (breast tingling, bloating to the point of really tight pants-I had to actually unbutton them on the way home!!, cramps, fatigue, mild nausea, dizziness, really wet feeling, high temps, etc).<br>
My question is: my symptoms have kind of subsided, occasional breast tingling, but still cramps and bloating, but I started spotting yesterday. Just one spot of red blood, then nothing for the rest of the day. Today its a little bit more than yesterday. I was wondering what spotting is like for those of you who have spotted and been pregnant? With my first, I didn't spot at all.<br>
Thanks so much for any response!<br>
Melanie

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
How many dpo are you and when do you expect AF? Are your temps still high even with the spotting? I am sorry i have no experience with spotting but didn't want to read and run. lol

·
Registered
133 Posts
With my first pregnancy I had no idea that pregnancy was a posiblity. All I knew was that I was spotting way too early. It was brown and slowly gre heavier until about 10 days later I was having a brown mini period. I tested and got a negative and that day I had two bright red spots. I spotted for 6 more days until it slowly tapered off. I took another test...negative.<br>
I believed the tests so I didn't really pay attention. Then I noticed my boobs hurt. I never get boob pain so it was very surprising. Another negative test. Then I could smell everything...even when my husband peeled an orange in another room. Then my skin got tingly. Another negative test. Then nausea, food aversion, another negative test.<br>
It went on until I had 10 negatives in 7 weeks.<br>
My last negative came the day before I miscarried.<br><br>
This pregnancy I started spotting exactly 5 days after I ovulated and 1 day after the worst cramping I have ever had. I spotted lightly for 5 days, then on the day my period was due I started spotting red. I spotted red for a day and half but when I wiped it was brown. I spotted brown for another 4 days, then it spotted. I took 3 tests, all negative.<br>
I don't want to test again because I'll worry if I see another negative. I'll just wait to see the doctor.<br><br>
Excessive spotting is actually a symptom of pregnancy. Brown spotting is not so bad. Red spotting is more important.<br>
Pregnancy Tests are not a symptom of pregnancy. Humans have been reproducing for thousands of years without them just fine.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Today I am dpo 17, with continued high temps. I expected my period around a couple of days ago, since I tend to start around day 14 dpo. So I have had more red blood and some clots, not huge, but they are there. I do not want to take another preg test, because honestly, I am really tired of seeing one line!! I think I'll just schedule an appt with the midwife and see what she thinks!<br>
Good luck, Sunny cat, hope you get 2 lines!!<br>
Thanks, and any more stories, I would really appreciate them!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts