Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to go in and have yet another dermoide cycst removed. We have done really well in that we are still nursing 5-6 times a day. How likely is it that we will end our chi chi relationship over this surgery? I will go in on a friday, and most likely not get out until sunday or monday. (going thru the abdomen, and also removing uterus)
I have a hospital grade BP (breast pump, not butt plug like my husband thought
) that I will use, and my husband will bring baby for chi chi. I have no real fear about the drugs, we have been through this once while nursing, once while pregnant, they do not seem to affect us all too much. When you are recovering from surgery, sometimes a sleepy baby is a good thing.

Any helpful hints on keeping this going? I need to have the surgery. The pain from the cycst is getting unbearable without meds.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have M.S. and was in the hospital for a few days this spring for an attack. I wasn't able to take care of my son for two months and my sister watched him. She brought him to me every day for just one nursing session. During those two months I got my AF for the first time since I was pregnant. After about three months total I had him home with me full time again. He was finally able to nurse on demand again. This started when he was nine months old. He's now 15 months old and he's nursing five or six times a day and several at night. So if you want to keep nursing him it will be fine. He might have to put up with that yucky cow milk for a few days in between the good stuff. But it shouldn't hurt him at all. Think of it as a bonding time with Daddy. Just leave him a shirt or something to sleep with and it'll go easier for your hubby. lol

Deal

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.