Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok maybe TMI

but my gentals, and peradium (sp?) have been so swollen and so bulge -ie (word??) for a while now.

DH reports after DTD last night i am looser THERE that i have been before
noticably so .. and the swelling HAD been effecting THERE too which is why we'd been cutting back.

However i didn't have any of this buldge or swelling with Theo's pregancy ....

can it effect delievery -- i guess not dilation -- but teh actualy "getting the baby out"?

or could the swelling we "see" only be part of it and could there be internal swelling too that MIGHT effect the dilation?

What can i do about the swelling?

AM I "borrowing trouble" and looking for things to worry about now and need to just get over it and SH says?

???

Thoughts?

Aimee

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
It's like having hemorrhoids, only it's your vagina, so you should take some of the same advice.

Look up vulvar varicosities in google and see what is recommended. Squatting to birth might be too painful.

Drink nettles and alfalfa tea to increase your circulation....

I have a few other things to tell you, but have to run. Back later...

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I wonder if it's just a matter of being engorged... try sitzing in hot water and cold water alternately (ie run the water in the tub as hot as you can stand, sit for 3 minutes, then get up and apply a towel soaked in ice water for 30-45 seconds, then back in the hot -- repeat three times). I did this to fight inflammation when I was dealing with vulvar vestibulitis. Seems like it would help with swelling, too.

I would think that when it comes time to birth, your body is not going to let a little swelling get in the way of expelling a baby... is it painful, or just swollen? If it's not painful, then it might not even make birthing more painful.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
with each PG te pelvic floor muscles get a little more stretched out.. I am way bulg-ey.. not so much with Ds1 some with ds2 and WAY so this one.. I think it is "normal" and not something to really worry about.. Kegels couldn't hurt . tho..

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I say you're just getting engorged - I get really swollen when I've been on my feet alot, or squatting to clean up toys, and after sex I feel completely swollen and exploded down there.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
My feet get swollen and HURT. My hoochy has been bulging, sticking out even it feels like for a while now. I just thought it was Added blood to the area, it does not hurt but goodness it makes me notice how some undies and pants fit differently. Too much sensation comes to mind.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Okay, I am back...

Is it really uncomfortable when you squat low on your hunches like when you're getting low to chat with Theo or when you're sitting on the toilet? Does it feel like gravity is making you bulge?

Anywhoo, try 20 minutes 2-3 times a day with your feet/legs higher than your pelvis either on the couch or up the wall.

Do a lot of dancing as you walk around the house, yoga, or whatever will increase your circulation to the pelvic area. But speaking of which, take time off from activities like sex that irritate the bulgy areas and/or make them worse.

Treat this sorta like varicose veins on the legs.. that's basically what it is in the vagina when you're feeling bulgy.

Try the library for Aviva Jill Romm's pregnancy book as it has a ton of info in it for treating varicose veins and vulvar varicosities.

·
Registered
9,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no pain, just the swollen- ness.

Thansk Gina.

I am doing kegals

Aimee

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.