Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DS is 2 1/2 and near the max height for his roundabout (40in). I'm looking for suggestions for our cars: mine, an 06 Sienna (captains chairs) and DH's, an 04 Galant. The Roundabout was the only convertible that fit in the Galant so size matters.

TIA!

· Premium Member
3,785 Posts
Glad to help!
It would be helpful to know your DS's weight and height, and the general idea of his growth patterns- ie is he big for his age, small for his age, etc. Also, an idea of your price range, and if your DS is forward or rear facing. Thanks!

· Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DS is tall & light for his age. He's 26lbs right now and about 38in. Looking for forward facing. Price range, pretty open. I'm asking now because I'm thinking it'll be another 6 months before we actually HAVE to move him. This will give me time to save up the $$.

· Premium Member
3,785 Posts
Well, if you are looking at FFing only seats that really narrows down your search! The Graco Nautilus and the Britax Frontier are probably the two front runners. The new one is the Evenflo Maestro which is more cost effective but has a lower harness height and doesn't convert to an adjustable booster, like the Nautilus and Frontier. I'm sure you've heard it said here a thousand times, but just once more, because we techs can't help ourselves on this
, he would be safer still rear facing.

· Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
usually I'm pretty informed on my stuff but I'm confused. Shouldn't the next seat for him be one that would eventually convert to a booster? Do they even make those for RF? Like I said, I'm JUST NOW starting to get info on this. I bought the Roundabouts 2 years ago, so I really haven't done any car seat research since then.

I'm thinking this next car seat will be the last one he'll need...right?

Obviously, I'm in need of some car seat education....have any link suggestions?

· Registered
7,052 Posts
Ideally kids should be rfing until 4, if possible. In sweden rfing to at least 4 has been the norm for a long time and they have the lowest rate of traumatic injuries in car crashes with young children of all developed nations.

There are no rfing seats that convert to good boosters that I am aware of.

If you want to keep him rfing, there are several seats that will work for him until he is mature enough for a belt positioning booster. Then you can buy a $50 turbobooster and be done. With your vehicles, I'd look into the complete air, graco myride, or true fit. You can install them more upright than 45 degrees which will allow you more room in the galant.

If you do decide to go ffing, I'd do a nautilus or frontier and that will be the last seat he needs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.