Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm aiming for the 2nd Tuesday of every month, which has the next one on July 12th!!! Location? Not sure....our previous one worked out well, eh Cecily?? (she was the only one there not related to me!)

·
Registered
195 Posts
Last time was great, timing, company, location and refreshment-wise. July 12th evening I will be at Page One having the object of my choice signed by Bruce Campbell (it's also the birthdate of Julius Caesar and Henry David Thoreau; big personal hero day) but generally Tuesdays work out well for me. Oh, and an establishment where I could order a Manhattan would be *wonderful* sometime, but I love chocolate cake or whatever that chocolate thing I ate was too!

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Oh my, Bruce Campbell is in Alb?!?! The Bruce Campbell?!?! Brisco County, Jr...Ash..Autolycus?? Wow..

I'm teaching dance on Tuesday evenings this summer or I'd be up there in a heartbeat!! I'd really like to meet some of you guys, though, so I may show up for a Tues. night after the summer semester is up, even though I'm down the road a bit.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Cecily, did you make it to see Bruce? I was there and it was great, though I was disappointed we didn't get to hear him speak. I was there 3 years ago when he came for If Chins Could Kill and loved his speech. Anyway, I saw a woman there who was wearing a child in a sage green sling. . .was that you???

·
Registered
195 Posts
Yes, it was me, and Bruce Campbell was so sweet chatting with me about Delano, who was right at his eye level and really staring him down. I suppose there must be lots of breasts at his eye level too for those signings; it must be distracting. Actually no, I guess most of the girls were wearing big black t-shirts, as I would have been 10 years ago. Anyway it was lots of fun, if awfully stuffy in there!

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by cecily
Yes, it was me, and Bruce Campbell was so sweet chatting with me about Delano, who was right at his eye level and really staring him down. I suppose there must be lots of breasts at his eye level too for those signings; it must be distracting. Actually no, I guess most of the girls were wearing big black t-shirts, as I would have been 10 years ago. Anyway it was lots of fun, if awfully stuffy in there!
Oh wow, cool! Bruce Campbell got a kick out of my daughter too, though I suspect by the time I saw him (we were #316) he was sick of the kids. He was still really nice about all of it. But man were there a lot of people, I heard one of the workers saying they were around 500! Wowzers, that's a lot of people for that one store.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Well, that was only the second night of the super-tour too -- I hope he makes it through! If at least 500 people show up to all 45 or however many signings he's doing that's an awful lot of fans to be personable and sweet with, though I know he has the reputation for doing so. I just found out yesterday he has a personal email address that he actually checks posted on his website!

1 - 20 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.