Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading all the raves on Oprah (who has put on weight now!) I got the supplements.

Used them regularly for about 1 week, forgot to use them since 5 days..
And guess what? I dont feel any differnce.

I think its the 2-3 tbsp of cocnut oil that I started taking at the same time that is helping my metabolism, and not the acai.

So, are there any users and was there any difference when using acai or not.

TIA

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks !

Its supposed to curb appetite & give energy, so one can eat lesser and work out more & hence the weightloss- (or so I thought)

I'm quite well on the coconut for that, though

Anyone else who tried acai, please post. Cant believe its such a scam!

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by annran View Post
Thanks !

Its supposed to curb appetite & give energy, so one can eat lesser and work out more & hence the weightloss- (or so I thought)

I'm quite well on the coconut for that, though

Anyone else who tried acai, please post. Cant believe its such a scam!
I DO think that Acai has good properties and is good for health. I just don't believe that certain foods can magically cause weight loss. I mean, many people don't wait until they're hungry to eat, or eat emotionally, and there's no magical food cure for that. If a person would ingest acai, and continue their normal diet, they probably aren't going to lose weight. I believe that just eating a healthy diet with lots of raw fruit and veggies curbs appetite and provides extra energy.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Am trying that Doodlebugsmama,
am down 15lb, with a healthier diet and smaller portions in the last 2 weeks. A month ago, I'd have thought it unbelievable.

Its only that I think I need some "help" as just left to myself, I eat more, and crave the chocolate.
So far, so good.

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by annran View Post
Am trying that Doodlebugsmama,
am down 15lb, with a healthier diet and smaller portions in the last 2 weeks. A month ago, I'd have thought it unbelievable.

Its only that I think I need some "help" as just left to myself, I eat more, and crave the chocolate.
So far, so good.
Good job! Also, if the coconut oil helps (lots of times extra fat does help cut cravings!) keep with it for sure. I don't deny that some food items do help people. I just think when they're heavily marketed like Acai is, I have a hard time believing it. You know, like a magic-pill type thing. If there isn't anything unhealthy about the products (like acai and coconut oil), they're essentially harmless.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I thought that Acai was a powerful antioxidant and not a weight loss supplement. Is it safe to take while nursing? I have been taking it and Gogi berry juices because I thought they were good antioxidants to take in the winter ( I eat less fruit now that it's not in season)

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sugareemoma View Post
I thought that Acai was a powerful antioxidant and not a weight loss supplement. Is it safe to take while nursing? I have been taking it and Gogi berry juices because I thought they were good antioxidants to take in the winter ( I eat less fruit now that it's not in season)

Dr Oz says its good! I :heart: Dr Oz.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I think there are definitely some good superfoods that have their own beneficial properties. Acai berries are great for antioxidants, along with things like blueberries and cranberries. I suppose they can help suppress appetite, but I don't think it's significant enough to help anyone lose weight without changing anything else in their diet or exercise routine. I think superfoods should be eaten for their beneficial properties. I actually found a great supplement called Berry Green Superfood, and it has tons of fruits and veggies, and no silly fillers. Supplements like this are worth it to take when you aren't getting enough of the foods in your diet...especially during winter months when it's difficult to get good produce. But I don't know that you'll lose significant weight from it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.