Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been ttc for 6 cycles now & have done a lot of research & am now looking in to getting assistance via accupuncture & herbs. From what my charts & symptoms look like, I'm looking at a Spleen Qi and Kidney Yang deficiencies.

I'd definitely like to find an someone who specializes in accupuncture & herbs in the treatment of infertility & price ranges for treatment. If you could provide any links, tales of personal experience or advice, it'd be much appreciated.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I recd acupuncture treatment. I was BFing DD and knew that I was O'ing, but it was late in my cycle so I had a short LP. My acupuncturist mentioned herbs as a possibility, but the acupuncture worked after only one month so I never needed the herbs. I think my first treatment was $120 and subsequent visits were $75 or $80. I think I went 3 times before O and 2 times after O and wound up PG.

Best of luck to you!

·
Registered
507 Posts
I've had two acupuncture treatments and am taking herbs. The first 2-hour session was $140 and subsequents visits are $70. The herbs are $16 for a week's supply. I wish I could keep going but it's too expensive for me right now. I might keep buying/taking the herbs - I think I sleep better and just feel better all around.

HTH!

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, Mamas! I'm looking forward to contacting Laura Paris of Paris Healing Arts, who came highly recommended by someone I greatly trust here on MDC. They are w/in an hour drive from where I live & my friend says that I may be able to get a discount since she referred me. Yahoo! I'm completely stoked.

Thanks so much for all of your input...I really appreciate it!!

·
Registered
792 Posts
Sacha did acupuncture every week or every other week for nearly 6 months before we got our BFP. But, she also added in the herbs for the past two cycles. Her acu said her body was slower to respond than most and that's why she wanted to jump start it with the herbs. Acu was $70 for first visit and $60 after that.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I started acupuncture about 3 months ago. My provider does needles and herbs. I think they're working. No BFP yet, and I'm less concerned. She's treating fertility and stress - because we all know what stress does to us. I think the best thing about it is she's someone who I can talk openly with who doesn't challenge my belief system - like the fertility RN did at Kaiser - and I truly feel she's there to support me.

We had decided to start clomid this month (I've been at this for 14+ months) and when I changed my mind she was 100% supportive.

Bottom line I am noticing differences - my temps are up (not low thyroid but have low temps), my CM is much better, my mood is the best.

Like I said it's only been 3 months and most acupuncturists will tell you that you need at least 3 months.

I think she charged $120 for the first session of 2 hours, and then $60 per session after, $20 for herbs that last 2-3 weeks. Oh and the best thing about her, she uses tinctures so I don't have to cook up stinky tea. Anyone who makes this lovely tea will understand!

best of luck to all.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I've been going for acupuncture for about six weeks. Last month I definitely had better CM than the previous months. I've decided to give it three months before doing more fertility treatments. Well I'm having an HSG this week, but no drugs yet. My session is $35 and about $20 for the herbs (which are nasty). Its also really helping my stress level.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I second, what foxey13 said about having an advocate and someone to talk with. That's been a really helpful part of acupuncture for me. I've been going since the end of March--so for 5 months--about 2-3 times per month. I've noticed some changes--more steady temperatures; higher temps (also like foxey13--no thyroid problems but low temps) less dry skin, hair lips (could also be increased water), more energy, bigger temp leap after O. I'm not pregnant yet. I'm feeling a bit of financial strain though so I am thinking about cutting back and asking about stimulating points myself (or asking dp

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.