Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
9,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have it...it was one of my first symptoms of pregnancy though I didn't recognise it as such at the time(before I even tested positive) since I had never had it in either of my 3 previous pregnancies.

Now her I am 23weeks and suffering from acid reflux...no heartburn this time but this is worse...it gets so bad I get nauseated but I don't want to :puke because it hurts/burns.

Anything I can do...I am elevating my head and trying not to eat before bed...

I think someone mentioned chewing gum as well...will give that a try...at least it will cover the taste

any other suggestions...and please please tell me once this baby comes it will go away

Thanks

· Premium Member
9,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tums doesn't help this anyway...geez, I had no idea they weren't ok...I have taken them throughout my first 3 pregnancies...who knew? They are the only thing I ever took for anything so I guess that's pretty good anyway.

· Premium Member
9,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by JeanetteL
I had been taking Tums until my midwife informed me that they were apparently the incarnation of all things evil. She recommended papaya enzyme - taken after each meal and I cannot believe the difference. It has really taken care of most of my reflux/indigestion/heartburn issues (unless I do something stupid like eat three slices of takeout pizza)

where do I get this...healthfood stores? Is it liquid, tablet, capsule...I am vegetarian and many things are in gelatin

I think I would like to try this...I get so nauseated but I am so scared to be sick because it would burn...I am so miserable!

· Premium Member
9,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
so far the papaya seems to be helping...I only had one little incident yesterday and I had forgotten to take the papaya so my fault....I even had a glass of lemonade with supper and nothing!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.