Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I pump & freeze bm in ice cube trays, then put it in ziplock bags. At some point I froze some raw eggwhite (eggs from supermarket) to be used at a later time.

Dh made up, 10 month old, dd's breakfast & used the raw egg white cube by mistake. I won't go into how different they are & how frustrating it is that he didn't notice that here.

So, she is nursing to sleep as I type. What should I watch for? How freaked out should I be? The good thing is that we don't have egg white allergies, or other food allergies in our family.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Ewww...I think you'll be ok...but...ewww. Perhaps you dh needs a big sign on the freezer door with photographs of each and a diagram of how different they are and why we don't feed out babies raw egg whites.

Or...maybe it's just my partner that needs the big frying pan of knowledge to the noggin.

Hope it's all ok,
PE

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
I was thinking "How on earth could that happen" when I read the title. No advice, just that I would take it easy on him because I could easily see myself doing the same thing.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, dh is on his way to the HFS for some activated charcoal. I'd like to be upset with him, but I have to take some of the blame. Our freezer is stuffed, all the baggies are the same & they weren't labeled. In *my* defense the raw egg white was in a perfectly clean baggy, whereas the bm baggy has milk residue smeared all over the sides. I can easily tell the difference. But then again, I am home all day & I am the one who stocks the freezer.

I think its a draw, maybe a little more his fault for not *really* looking.

And why is it that he asks *after* he feeds her "Did you have egg whites in the freezer?" Instead of *before*???? That sort of thing seems to be a pattern.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.