Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fun new pregnancy-related "problem"...my upper lip keeps having little spasms. Not constant, just every now and then. Very weird sensation and not necessary (I think!). I'm taking MW directed herbs right now (Evening Primrose Oil, Black Cohosh and Red Raspberry Leaf tea) and am very physically exhausted from moving for the past 2 weeks (don't ask - it was a bad idea) so I am wondering if some combination of those factors contributing to this fun new issue. Anyone else ever had facial twitches? Was it a sign of something more sinister? I seem to be doing pretty well all things considered but I don't like anything out of the ordinary this late in the game.

·
Registered
972 Posts
When I'm tired and/or stressed to an extreme level my eyelids twitch. I've also had my lip twitch at times. Facial twitches can also be a sign that you're low on potassium. Try taking a nap and some potassium supplements and see if that helps.

·
Premium Member
2,441 Posts
Twitching can also be a sign of dehydration - make sure you are getting enough water, mama!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.