Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been breastfeeding nonstop for more than FIVE HOURS!
:

Someone please remind me that just a few weeks ago I was all, "Tandem nursing, yippee!"

Oy vey.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just wanted to applaud you for tandem nursing!! Maybe it's time for Daddy to take them for a little walk though. Poor mamma needs a tiny break every now and then. Just remember, this time is very short.....
I wish you the best!

·
Registered
6,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dadoo did his best to distract. I suspect I've gotten hit with a double whammy growth spurt egged on by a little nursing competitiveness is my oldest. DS will be 6 weeks old tomorrow, so we're due for one, and DD, who had pretty much replaced food with nursing after DS's birth, is suddenly wanting to nurse all the time AND eating just as much as she used to (which was a lot). This should be an exciting week!

·
Registered
750 Posts
hang in there! Maybe you could get something new -game, book etc to occupy the older one if you need a little break while you nurse the babe. That could be her special thing to do. I made up a little basket for my son of new different things so when I was nursing and he wanted to sit in my lap also or help me or hug the baby as I was nursing he had some new activity to do right next to me. Worked great. He weaned when I was about or 7 months pregnant.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Oh, one other thing I used to lovingly tell my oldest when she seemed to want to nurse more than the baby is "Let's leave some for the baby so she can grow up to be a big girl like you, ok?" She seemed to enjoy the thought of the baby "wanting" to be like her, so she usually decided she was finished (at least for the moment.) Don't know if your oldest is old enough to understand that, but thought I might throw in one more thing that worked for us.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts