Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, weird things are happening. My hormones are definitely doing something because after 7 months of GREAT skin, my face is breaking out, especially around my nose, which ONLY happens when I'm pregnant. In fact, it's usually the first sign that TELLS me I'm pregnant.<br><br>
I've mentioned the increased mucous, but I know what that's about.<br><br>
Then, with my usual diet of cookies and chocolate, I've been gaining at a normal/slow rate over the last several weeks, then holding steady for at least the last couple of weeks. I weighed myself this morning, expecting the worst, and I've LOST 2 pounds in the last couple of days. Should I be worried? Is this a sign of something? Just being paranoid...

·
Premium Member
5,234 Posts
I've read that weight gain tends to slow down or even reverse in the last couple weeks of pregnancy--I think that's firmly in the realm of normal, even if it does seem counter-intuitive. Mention it to your midwife/dr/hcp if you're worried, though.<br>
I've noticed my complexion going up and down all through the pregnancy--I think that's nothing to worry about either.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
I haven't weighed myself-but I think I'm losing as well. I'm simply not as hungry as usual. I do think it's normal. Unless you haven't been gaining I wouldn't worry.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
During my first pg, when I dropped a few pounds and was measuring smaller (b/c baby dropped) my midwife said that meant labor was coming soon.<br><br>
Christa

1 - 4 of 4 Posts