Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

I really want to do something this Halloween with hubby and the kids other than the Trick-or-Treating in the area. Does anyone know of events/activities going on that day in the Bronx,Yonkers or Westchester areas? Like Haunted Houses, parties, Hay Rides. etc?? Any ideas welcome, I have a ride available to me that day so I really would like to do something nice this year.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
You might want to check out 'AScared by the Sound' at Rye Playland. I've never been, but have a friend that worked there for a few seasons and said it's a blast.

Here is a LINK to their website

·
Registered
787 Posts
hi,

by far the best Halloween event I have ever been to is held at The Green Meadow Waldorf School (www.gmws.org) on Halloween eve from about 5 PM. It is called a Lantern Walk. The Sunbridge College (which is the teacher training college located adjacent to the Waldorf School) holds this event every year.

The students set up little scenes (maybe called minuets?) where they act out fairy tales along a meandering candlelit path throughout the campus. You will see wizards and witches stirring their brew, water fairies dancing in the stream, Rumplestiltskin singing his song around the campfire, Rapunzel letting down her hair from a tower, etc. Most of the scenes are silent and it is not scary at all IMO. It's quite magical though. And most of the kids come dressed up. You may get more information from the College's website, www.sunbridge.edu.

The fee is a donation so it's up to you how much you want to give.

The school is located in Rockland County, NY. If you're in Yonkers it's probably about 30 minutes from you. I'm sure you can get directions from the website.

I'll never go trick-or-treating again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.