Mothering Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
that I meant to post here a long time ago. Most of you know I started a new job in September. I was hired in as the "vibrations and dynamics expert" since that's what my dissertation focused on. So that's the way I've been introduced (although it makes me cringe because I don't really feel like an expert). Anyway, I was meeting this supplier for the first time who happens to be the person my group has used for their dynamics consulting up until now. This was the conversation:

Guy I'm with: "And this is Karen Fegelman."
Guy I'm being introduced to: "Sure, I've heard your name."

So at this point I'm expecting to hear, "You're the new dynamicist in the group." Nope, what he come out with is:

"You're the diaper hyena lady."

I about fell over. I mean, I was literally speechless with all these thoughts going through my head, "Does his wife cloth diaper?" "Is he talking about KSS or HC or Diaper Pages?" Then I realize I had mentioned all my various on-line projects during my interviews and some of them must have filtered back to this guy, but that was literally the last thing I expected to hear. I still haven't gone back and asked him exactly what he'd heard about me. I should do that...

ETA: I also had to bite my tongue and not respond, "No, actually, *Heather Sanders* is the Diaper Hyena lady, I'm the Hyena Cart lady." I don't think there are many people outside of this message board that would appreciate that distinction.

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
:LOL

Definately have to find out how he found that out...what a funny thing for him to comment on first thing, too!

Glad to hear the *real job* is going well!

·
Registered
7,928 Posts
:LOL Oh my goodness ... that is hysterical!!! I am trying to not wake the sleeping babe on my lap oh man ... :LOL I think I would have dropped over if I heard that come out of someone's mouth!

PS: What exactly is a "vibrations and dynamics expert"?

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
LOL! You all are the only people on the planet outside of dh who can truly see the humor in this situation
(he thought it was pretty darn funny too).

Yes, the job is going really well, thanks everyone for asking. I haven't exactly revolutionized the industry (we make pads, yes, disposable pads), but I did happen to be wearing my Diva Cup when I was up touring the plant (which was another funny situation that only you mamas will understand).

Brit ~ I got my Ph. D. in mechanical engineering, so vibrations and dynamics refers to the motion of physical objects, especially oscillating motion. Could be anything from a boat, to an auto engine, to an audio speaker, or even your eardrum (my advisor is doing some pretty cool research into what causes deafness).

So yes, I'm a vibrations expert working in feminine products. Let's just get all the jokes out at once, lol. It's more or less a conversation stopper at parties (but not as bad as my dh's old high school buddy who, as it turns out, is a legal consultant for a company that makes an herbal concoction which claims to enlarge penises).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.