Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't seem to help myself. I am totally addicted to this DDC!
It may seem silly, but I check in so many times a day and I am completely ineffective at work right now. I guess I would be that way anyway with how tired I feel and my head full of baby dreams.

Just wanted to let you guys know that I can't stop checking in with you! Is it sad that I've become addicted to what is going on in your pregnancies and lives??

I guess there are worse addictions to have ....

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Rofl, I'm always on MDC. Sometimes I'm not here, but my PC is lol this DDC is the only board I subscribe to.

I'm waiting for the day that my boss asks me what MDC is

·
Registered
754 Posts
Guilty as well. It hasn't helped that my tummy is so fussy lately. I just want to lay around and help it be still. So what's a girl to do? Read read read.

Another confession. I go over to the gentle discipline section here and read about the tyrant kids. It scares the hell outta me.
:

·
Registered
664 Posts
Me too, me too! I am addicted to our little DDC and the Trading post, even though I can't afford to buy any dipes right now! I told my DH that I neeeeed MDC so I can focus on the happy exciting part about being pg this time!
:

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Ditto on the DDC and the Trading Post, as well as the Step-Parenting Forum, although I may be leaving there soon given that I was just attacked and told to "stop bitching" about the current situation with my girls' biomom.
So much for support and commradery.
:

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Oh, geez. I check this board a dozen times a day. LOL For me it is pretty easy though. I always leave my computer on and it is right next to my school/family room. We have cable modem so internet is always on. Whenever I pass by, I check my e-mail (I like to respond to client requests quickly) and then refresh this page. I don't always have time to read the new posts though.

I am really only posting on this board though, and this is the first BB I have ever really posted on regularly. Occassionally I read a couple of others but am waiting until I am a bit further in the pregnancy before I post anywhere else.

Sarah - that is terrible about the step-parenting forum! I would think that would be the perfect place to get support in that situation. I am not part of a blended family, but would be happy to listen if you need someone to vent to.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
I appreciate the offer. It's not that big of a deal. I was frustrated that yet again biomom acted as though DH and I are completely incompetent, and told the girls we wouldn't have any clothes for them while we were on vacation, even though we told biomom we were packing for them. She's incredibly condescending to both of us, and it drives me crazy.

One poster responded with, "stop bitching. you knew your husband had an ex and had kids with her. suck it up and get over it."

So yeah, that wasn't exactly helpful. I responded with a faily strongly worded "how dare you attack me" reply. It's just upsetting that in a forum like that, where emotions run really high anyway, that someone would be so negative and attack another poster.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I am guilty too. I spend a lot of time here. Its not often lately I feel like posting much but I do love to share this experience with so many sweet laid back mamas.

Sarah that is aweful and I am glad you let that person have it good for you. Some people dont get the purpose of MDC is to share LOVE, SUPPORT, and info. Not to crap on people save that for telemarketers or bill collecters
( sorry I do not mean to offend for those of you who are in or may have been in that line of work
: )

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
DH will want to murder me once I'm making a steady second income. I'm gonna have a list of stuff to buy every week!

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Another guilty pregnant momma here

I normally hang out here & in the doula/midwives section & the homebirth section & where ever I find an interesting post

At least it is a free addiction!

·
Registered
181 Posts
That's funny, I can only check in maybe once a day sometimes not even that, and it always seems like I've missed so much. I feel you all know each other so well and I am just the outsider. I should check in more

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mammamoon
That's funny, I can only check in maybe once a day sometimes not even that, and it always seems like I've missed so much. I feel you all know each other so well and I am just the outsider. I should check in more

I only check in once or twice a day too~ just jump in when you can
There is no such thing as an outsider in a DDC!!

·
Registered
172 Posts
OK, I'm coming out of
: to confess that I'm addicted to you guys also! I love this group. I tried not to get too attached to this group (or my pregnancy due to late losses) but I just can't help myself. I love hearing your updates!

My husband and I have decided that we are going to enjoy this pregnancy. So I'm officially out of hiding and joining you guys fulltime!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.