Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
5,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DH is really pushing for TTC baby #3. DD2 is 21 months and DH is ready for another one. He thinks it's time. A few months ago, I was excited about the possibility, but right now I know I can't handle being pregnant and even more so, I'm totally scared at the prospect of caring for 3 small children. If we did get pregnant in the next few months, DD1 would be 4 and DD2 would be 2.5ish when the new baby came along and that's a good age difference, but I still feel very intimidated by the idea. I know I want more babies in the future, but I'm not sure I'm ready to handle it right now.

On a side note, my dh joined the military 5.5 months ago and has a very long training for his job so we were able to join him 2 weeks ago (yes, I've been a single mama for the past 5 months with very little help from anyone.) The move to be with dh has taken me away from all friends and support that I had. I am so happy to be with him, but struggling with the adjustment. We should have orders for our next post soon (most likely overseas) and will be moving sometime in December or January. I feel very strongly that I need to wait until I have adjusted to our next post (and am not feeling depressed or overwhelmed) to get pregnant with baby #3. So, that is what will likely happen.

However, I'm still scared that it will be a huge change going from 2 to 3. And a part of me is also scared that I may get pregnant with twins. No reason to think this really, except that's what my intuition is telling me. Which would be even more overwhelming. So, anyway, how was the transition for you? Did you wait longer between the second and third than you did between the first and second?

· Registered
6,472 Posts
No advice but I just wanted to say I am in the same boat as you are, only my dds are almost 6 and 3 1/2, and I'm fast approaching 25, which was the age that I wanted to have all my children by. However now that the oppurtunity presents itself I find myself being hesitant too. I can't imagine being pregnant and taking care of two children, not to mention the strain on my body and the strain of giving birth again (I have health problems including fibromaygia). Still, I would like to have more but the transition from two to three really seems like it would be a big step.

· Registered
15,997 Posts
actually going from 2-3 was way easier than 1-2. it was by far my easier transition all around. I was comfortable in my parenting and mothing skills, I was a pro at pregnancy, I had mommy friend to help out etc. . . . our first trip out alone was a dissaster but after that smooth sailing.

· Registered
3,216 Posts
It was easy for me. MUCH easier than from 1 to 2, in fact. My older 2 are great friends and they can easily keep each other occupied for me to tend to #3.

· Registered
136 Posts
Not that it didn't turn out great and we even went on to 4, but I found the transition from 2-3 more difficult than 1-2.
I suddenly had more kids than I had hands, more kids than parents in the house etc.
We soon adjusted though, but at first I found it hard.

· Registered
100 Posts
2-3 was ALOT harder than 1-2 for us. Suddenly dh and I were out numbered. There were more kids than I had arms to hold.

Also, DS2 (#3) demands alot more attention then the first 2 did. He's much more high maintanence, as we like to say. Don't get me wrong, I love him and he's an amazingly beautiful and happy baby, but he takes alot of time and the older 2 sometimes feel neglected. That never happened when it was the 4 of us.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.