Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I knit a hat for dd in the round on circ. needles a few months ago. As she grows, it now doesn't quite cover her ears. I want to pick up the stitches on the edge and add a K2 *P2 K2 rib band to extend the length. But since it was knit in the round, it is all knit stitches but is stockinette and I can't get my head around what I need to do to create that rib. If I K2 P2 K2 will it still work even though it's on circs in the round?

thanks,
Beth

·
Registered
152 Posts
I just had to do this myself, for a hat that was a tiny bit too short for my nephew. All you do is pick up stitches around the edge, join it, and start your k2,p2. In case you dont know how to pick up stitches, its really easy...just insert your needle into one of the original cast on stitches and wrap your new yarn around it just like you are knitting it...do that all the way around, putting the needle into the cast on stitches, and pulling the new yarn through. Thats really all there is to it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.