Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My poor bub is having his tonsils and adenoids removed on the 22nd and having tubes put in. I believe wholeheartedly he needs them, I just wish this wasnt the route we had to go. I'm terrified of anesthesia (anyone every see the Everybody Loves Raymond episode where he had his adenoids out???)

When we saw the ENT last week, I added up all his sicknesses before we went and his first ear infection was at 3.5 months. He has 14 known ear infections since then along with either pharyngitis or tonsilitis 19 times. During the month of February, he went maybe 3 days without a fever (usually runs at 101-103).
We are definitely not the posterchildren for breastfeeding promoting healthier children
:

One of my main concerns is that Liam was also diagnosed with FTT at 12 months because from months 9-12 he didnt grow at all. He was 16 pounds at 12 months. He has continued to be an extremely poor eater and now at almost 25 months weighs 23 pounds. I'm worried about what this will do to him nutritionally. I mean if he even loses a pound, heaven forbid two pounds....I cant even think about it.

Any words of advice?

Jessica

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Hi there. I just wanted to let you know that I have a nephew (also Liam) who went through this about a year ago. He was also sick constantly, and very tiny. He had the exact operation that you are talking about and is now thriving! He has caught up in weight and is well and healthy. Apart from a few days of being very uncomfortable and having a hard time eating, it all went very well.

Good luck to you guys, I hope you have a similar experience.

Take care,
Tara

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.