Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi mamas

I was just wondering if anyone here has any experience with Adjustable Gastric Banding--(sometimes known as Lap-Band)??? I am strongly considering this surgery, and have done lots of research about it. Since MDC is my "home" on the web I wanted to see if anyone here had thoughts about it

Share with me...the good, the bad, the ugly...whatever :LOL

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responses, Jackie and Heather
I have been wondering if anyone here knew what I was talking about :LOL

I am tentatively scheduled for surgery on July 11 (tentatively meaning I am on the schedule, but haven't paid yet). About the adjustments and the slower weight loss...that's part of what appeals to me. The fact that the band can be made tighter if you stop losing and the fact that you lose weight slower (an average of 2 pounds/week) are good for my situation. We may have other children, so being able to remove the restriction for pregnancy and breastfeeding then have it replaced after with no additional surgery is a plus for me. Also, the fact that it doesn't change the way the body absorbs food just how much you can take in. I hope it works for me. I wish you the best with your by-pass Heather--my dad had one seven years ago, and has been very happy with his results. When are you scheduled for surgery?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.