Mothering Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
9,064 Posts
It sounds like my kids! You do not know this child's genetic makeup. My nephew weighed at one year what my daughter did at two. He got his mom's chunky monkey baby/toddler jeans. My sil's mom was worried about my skinny kids, then worried that they ate more than her chunky grandbabies. Some of this can be genetic chunk that disappears after toddlerhood.

Also, what do you expect a child's response to be when they see someone in their own home eating? At that age they like to share and being told no hurts their feeling. If you don't want her to snack don't eat snacks in front of her -- that is mean in any situation. I think if you polled you will find many people's toddlers expect sharing.

Her breakfast consisted of a lot of carbs, and very little fats or proteins. That meal would send me on a sugar crash. Kudos on the whole milk yogurt though. I cannot eat oat meal because it does not help keep my sugar level -- I don't care what research says my body acts differently to oats. I would add a solid protein, half boiled egg, left over chicken/fish, or bean source to see if they satisfies her more. I had one child that was only happy if she got a solid protein (mainly eggs) for breakfast.

Does she throw up?
Does she have bms daily? More than once a day?
Does she get juice? or Cows milk?

· Registered
9,064 Posts

· Registered
9,064 Posts
Quote:
1. She came home VERY CHUBBY, so clearly she allowed herself to be overfed even then.
Very cubby babies are not necessarily over fed.

Quote:
4. What if she doesn't stop? What if she eats until she throws up?
Then you have a valid issue to take up with the doctor. My middle child has reflux. She would eat and eat. The signals pain/need to eat signals were being misinterpreted. For her reflux medicine cured her.

Her fer more proteins and complex carbs. Boil up kidney beans, cheese sticks, precooked chicken breast.

· Registered
9,064 Posts
Sierra,

I really have to agree with you. I have skinny kids though. That need to eat a lot. I remember how my friends were amazed at how much they "had" to eat to be healthy and happy. Yes, I did have to learn how to use proteins and good fat so they didn't drive nuts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.