Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My DH and I have been TTC for 1 year and we want to be parents so badly. We have talked about adoption to complete our family. I am 21 and he is 35. We rent a 3 bedroom appartment. We both have jobs, he has had his for 6 years (As long as he has been in this country) and have had mine for 3 years. I also go to college.<br><br>
Would we meet the requirements to adopt?

·
Registered
648 Posts
Well where are you looking to adopt from? If internationally, there are some countries where your age would be a factor. I think some countries also require you to be married for a period of time.<br><br>
If domestically, I think it depends on the state. Hopefully someone else can be clearer on this.<br><br>
Good luck!

·
Registered
83 Posts
You would have to be more specific but absolutely you can adopt domestically. You can look into foster-to-adopt or just plain domestic adoption. Here in MO, your age is the minimum for a foster parent.<br><br>
Good luck to you.<br><br>
It can be daunting at times but absolutely worth it eventually.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
agencies often have age and length of marriage requirements.<br><br>
I don't know if fost/adopt has requirements about such things or not. Or if most social workers would have requirements like that for doing a homestudy if you wanted to go independent, private adoption.<br><br>
Call around and ask.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts